Monday, May 10, 2010

Friends

Last Sunday my car was broken into. I had mixed sleeping pills with too much to drink, and Mike drove home. Why didn't we leave his truck? I dunno. But we went back Monday to get my car, and found my passenger side window smashed in. They took the WEIRDEST things- my medical records, my car registration, my PO Box key. By looking, you cant tell its a PO BOX key, and even if you can... you dont know my number. Idiot. But this event showed me who my true friends are. Mike wanted to go to DSHS so he was ready to leave. I texted Tinman, my brother, and my mom... Nobody texted back. Imagine my surprise when no less than 5 minutes later, Tinman SHOWED UP. Seriously. And Mike left.  Hmmm... there goes your friend-of-the-year award.  Thank goodness it was the beginning of the month, i had money. Tinman suggested calling salvage yards for windows, and he had a friend that may be able to help. I called Jay-Bo cause any car problem, i always call Jay. Its my unspoken rule. Jay said he'd do it for 200 dollars. This is roughly what a professional would charge, and Tinman had Rick, who would do it for 50. So we went with Rick. I called salvage yards and found a window for 50 bucks, and Tinman, Mike and i went. The boys each found a taurus to work on, and i stood back and tried to stay out of the way.They got the window out, and Tinman called Rick. This guy came down and worked until 1AM to fix my window. Took the door apart, and the window was just 1/4cm too big. seriously. He worked and re-worked the window ledge/metal pulley-thingy but could not get it to fit. Went back today after a few days of sucky weather, and Rick tried again. You know the final piece it took to fix my window? This poor guy spent hours with lube, screws, pliers, all these different tools... it was plastic handcuffs. Yup, just simple plastic handcuffs, that happened to be in Tinman's room. I dont want to know why... :-\   

YEAH FOR FRIENDS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment