Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Yet Again

i just spent the last 4 days in a mental hospital. 6 times a day we have different kinds of therapy, which unfortunatly did no help. we had belimics, suicide attempts, me, wife beaters, abuse victims, all sorts of people. I say therapy did no help because you cannot take that diverse group of people, and tell us all the same thing. I did learn some things, and i think i met my future-self.  The last day i was there, at the first group meeting, we had a new-comer. This woman had slit her wrists because she did not know how to get away from her abusive husband. She didn't want to be alone, didn't want to anger him, but she didn't know what to do. This lady was in her mid 50's, and so timid, so shy. Even in the short hospital robes, she was trying to hide the bandages on her wrists. I actually wondered how she had been so strong for so long, living with an emotional abuser. Same as each morning, we all had to tell our background and say why we were here, when we hope to "graduate" and what we hope to accomplish. I said that i had learned i DO have an anger management problem, in the sense that i cannot control where it goes. i internalize my anger, taking it out on myself. This is why i am a cutter. After group, this quiet lady came up and introduced herself. I wont reveal her name. And she told me that she was also a cutter, before the attempt. I was dead on; i had met my future self. And i can either do it right and take aspirin to thin the blood before cutting, or i can grow and stop this BS.

No comments:

Post a Comment