Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Family

Ever have that family that you just dont fit into? You're loved, your welcomed, and all that, but something is missing. My aunt Charlene is that missing link. I ran into her while buying books at Goodwill, and we talked for over an hour. Growing up, she was constantly suicidal... me too. She never felt at home with grandma and grandpa...me too. Dates abusive men...me too.  She constantly self medicates or goes off her meds...me too. This is true with alot of bi-polar patients though. She was describing her childhood, and we just had alot in common. It was fun to hear about my mom as a teenager, with so many other kids in the house. I wish i had a bigger family, but then again, i like my small one too. It was just nice to talk to someone that knows the gambit, as much as my parents try to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment