Sunday, August 6, 2023

What a great day! =(

Today was a good day, it really was! I need to put my mother and her drinking in the back corner of my mind because it's starting to affect my health.
     I had a heart episode, not a heart attack but it did feel like I was being electrocuted in my heart and this one on for about 8 hours. And nobody gave a shit. This was because I listened to my mom and her graphic details of my dad's genitalia and their sex life. But I digress.
       Today Mike invited me up to say goodbye to becky, his sister, who is taking her daughter and moving with her husband to Wales in England! Truthfully I've never felt close to Becky although she's never done anything to me. I just don't reach out to people and Becky's a very friendly woman that has a lot of friends and I prefer not a lot of friends. But when we got there she was making dinner and we talked for a minute and I got to talk with her daughter River who is the absolute sweetest dream of a daughter that you could ever wish to have. Mike's mom made sure that I had a comfortable chair and I made sure my cane didn't trip over anybody. While Becky was cooking there were a few people playing a card game at the table and Seafair was on TV in the background. It was so awesome. Don has a big screen TV that makes those hydropellings seem larger than life! I saw the Blue Angels and all their wonderful formations and nobody was yelling, nobody was drinking, nobody was swearing! I was so relaxed I didn't even have to take my anxiety pill. 
      Truthfully, this is kind of the atmosphere of Sharon and Don's house. They don't like a lot of drama and they don't accept it in their house and I so appreciate that and I respect that decision. This is a family that does so many things- - every birthday, thanksgiving, easter, christmas, just because they want to get together, they get together. Sometimes it's planned and sometimes it's just hey it's going to be a sunny day want to come over or let's go meet at Mom's.
      On one side of their house they have a ramp that is used for wheelchairs or people like me who have to limp slowly I can't wait until Tuesday when doctor see home gives me my shot and hopefully a pain pill or two. I don't want more than that because I don't need friends that want to be my friends because I have pills.
     We were there for a few hours and when it came time to leave Becky and Sharon walked us out to the car and Becky hugged me and started to cry when I told her that I would miss her more than I thought. I wish I could write her a letter and explain how I feel, maybe I'll get an email address from her? But I didn't think that her leaving would affect me and now I find myself missing her so I don't quite know what to do. I know I'll send her messages through Facebook but it won't be the same. Hopefully I'll grow a backbone and send her an email or even snail mail! And we can be pen pals:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment