Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Day at the Dr's

 I had a doctor's appointment today for the first time in 18 months. I haven't seen Dr Seaholm since before my hysterectomy in March of 2022. We had a virtual visit so I've been in contact with him and I let him know through mychart my aches and pains and so forth but the computer will only fill your medications if you can see the doctor at least once a year. And when all of my medications are running out, I know that Walgreens sucks when it comes to refilling on time so I am not running out of my medication each month.  I knew they wouldn't warn me ahead of time so I had to Buck up and go in. 


Lucky for me, Mike drove me. And sad to say for him I am a horrible horrible passenger because he really is a good driver. It's just that there's a lot of other people that don't know he's a good driver. And he doesn't quite know that Federal Way is really a high traffic area and I couldn't take him anxiety pill because I had to give blood before my doctor's appointment so..

 he got me there in one piece and he went in and got me a wheelchair and wheeled the wheelchair right out to the truck passenger side door for me and then wheeled me back into the wheelchair, wheeled me back into the receptionist desk wheeled me back to the lab sat with me to make sure that I was good to go and then when he started having panic then he went out to his truck. This is way above and beyond the amount of help that I expected to get and I was so so grateful for him.

 The lady at the lab finished with me and took me right back into Drs office and about 10 minutes later he came in.  we discussed going off of lithium but starting Gabapentin for the nerve pain. I know they work better in tandem; he says he doesn't mind if I go off the lithium but he doesn't want to be the doctor that does that. He wants me to see a psychiatrist so I will be under mental health care and they can help titrate me down. I don't mind this because when I'm off of the lithium then he can put me on a water pill and that will take care of the edema in my leg. The edema has been so bad that I can't wear pants! I had to leave the house in a skirt for the first time in I don't know how long. 

Doctor also put me on something that's kind of like the new weight loss/diabetes medication that everybody is going crazy for. It's called ozempic but my insurance doesn't cover that so I got the different brand and it works with the lithium to keep my blood sugar even more in check and it's also a weight loss one of the side effects though is dizziness and nausea so he wants me to be careful and watch out for that because if I fall naproxen and Gabapentin aren't going to help me. It's going to hurt!

 Mike brought me home and made it safely thru the Federal Way traffic but stopped by the store and when he turned his truck off it shuttered a little bit and I had told him that I saw water drip out when he was pulling up at the doctor's office but he knows his truck so he knew about the water. Well, when he tried to restart his truck at the liquor store it wouldn't start! It wouldn't turn over you just hear this tick tick tick tick and at this point my legs were both numb so if I had to get out of that truck I was just praying I could.  there was no way I could walk if I tried to even stand up outside the truck I knew I was going to be in trouble at the same time I'm waiting to hear from Walgreens that my medication is ready and they told me nope, there's a problem with the insurance. As per usual with Walgreens. 

So Mike got his tools that he has in his truck and Miracle of Miracles because I wouldn't have known what to do, but he poured some cold water in the radiator and cleaned off the battery let it sit for a couple of minutes and it started right up! He's smarter than anything he is in that department. So we got home and I sat down on our porch and just took in how beautiful everything was because truthfully I don't leave my bedroom. It's 10 ft from my bed to the toilet and 10 feet back and that makes me so winded and in so much pain that I just can't walk sometimes I can take my recycle bin out to the porch for like to take downstairs for me and sometimes I have to leave it at the door and he takes it from me from there. I feel lazy but he understands that I'm hurting and hopefully the Gabapentin will kick in and I can start doing more helping him around the house.

 After about an hour or two I came in and I was going to sit down on my bed for just a minute, just.. minute. Next thing I know it's 4 hours later and the house is completely dark including my bedroom light has been turned off. I don't remember even laying down but I was so tired apparently I hit the bed and was out. Thank goodness for talk to text so I can post this while it's still all in my head. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment