Monday, June 22, 2020

fathers day 2020

yesterday was fathers day, and despite my dad going thru hell of his own, we had a good day. I got him some gifts, a shirt he really liked and we visited for a few hours. I dont get t see my dad alot because his work schedule, so it was nice to catch up. Early in the evening my brother had a surprise of his own and showed up a the house. He didnt have a good fathers day, and sadly him coming home wasn't under the best of circumstances. With this covid crap going on, everybody is weary and careful who we hang around. My poor brother did a job in one of the "hotspots" AKA danger zones so we couldn't really welcome him or Max, his 8 year old son with a hug.

I had been texting Mikes daughter Brandy, who ironically lives in the hot spot Shawn as working in. I love Brandy, she's always fun to talk to and can carry on a conversation without gratuitous sex. She and i bonded over cutting and fun hair colors. Mines now black and white and hers was neon green! She scared me by sending a picture of her with a pixie cut! She has such long think hair! Turns out it was a wig- but dang she looked mature and sophisticated. Anyway-- we had been texting about what she could get Mike for fathers day. I know just seeing her would bring a smile to his face, but she wanted a tangible gift and picked out a cool Hawaiian  shirt.

Because of the circumstances going on at my dads, i had texted Brandy and told her i wasnt going to see her this visit, but next time! She said ok, and all was done. Or so i thought.

I visited with dad until he went to bed, and then with my mom. As always, we talk, play on our electronics, share what we saw, talk some more... boring? No, drama free, yes! It kinda shocked both of us when we looked up and it was almost 4AM. She walked me to the car, i came home. Everybody was asleep so i came in my room and started reading. Im in the middle of 4 different books, and im in heaven! About 445ish Mike went to the bathroom and waved to me, asked if i had a good time at my dads and i mentioned that i called his mom because it was also her birthday. A quick interchange and he went back to bed. All in all, not a bad day really.  And then Monday happened...

No comments:

Post a Comment