Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Good day/bad night

We woke up this morning, and hit the ground running. Mike was in a panic about making money,today- HAD to be TODAY. I couldn't figure out why, his unemployment check comes tomorrow. But cest la vie, if he's happy life works better for this household. So i went with him to federal way, to his friends to get metal, , we went up to the woods my mom found this weekend and lifted a CAR into his truck. We had 600 LBS of metal! We had this front end of a white car, 2 BBQ's, pots, pans, mass amounts of... well, scrap crap. there is a place in Algona (next to my city) that takes all sorts of metal, as long as it's over 300LBS. We pulled up, they cant take the car part- too much plastic. So we took it to Kent (on the other side of my city) and weighed in, got in line, waited...waited...waited... and this fork-lift truck driver said he wont take the car without a title. We don't have a title- we just got this hunk of crap from the woods. So time to go back to Algona, which is now rush hour traffic time, and the easiest way to get there is closed due to construction. If you take a left, you can drive thru Auburn, easy-peasy. Nope, up the hill (still loaded with 600LBS of crap) and he's bitching cause gas, traffic, no title on the car part, the other drivers, etc. ANYTHING he can find to bitch about- this day was no longer fun. I just wanted to drop this stuff off and get away from mike. I had an apt with my mom's hot tub that i was not about to miss. So... back to Algona, drop off everything but the car part, leaving us with 340LBS drop off, which equaled 42.50$  Now, if i was a different person, i would ask for my half, but I'm in it for the fun. It's fun to hammer things apart, and make noise, and messes, and get dirty! It's just...fun. But i was insulted when he handed me the 50 cents and kissed me on the cheek. And then we headed home, with one stop. After all his bitching, all his grumbling, about money, he stopped at the liquor store. My rent check is going to bounce, because I'm no longer paying his half, he's scrapping to make such a teeny amount of money, and he stops for alcohol. So at this point, I'm pissed. I've heard nothing but how the world is against him and he never has enough money,and now this? As soon as we got home, i grabbed my shorts and was headed out the door to my mom's. he follwed- so much for a fasat getaway.  We got in the hot tub, and 20 mins later he was done. Unfortunately, the towels in the wash machine weren't, so i didn't want to leave. I was trying to stall, the washer was almost done, the dryer will only take about half hour...just be patient. i spent all day being his lackey, I'm doing HIS laundry, be patient, it's a favor for you, etc. I didnt want to leave, giving grandma ammo to talk shit. He actually went out to sit in my car. Fuck it, i asked grandma to throw the towels in the dryer and i'll be back tomorrow. Idrove us home, and he headed for his bottle. And at 8pm, sure as rain, he got dressed and went to the bar. Did i mention rent check bouncing? Yeah. I'm so pissed.

1 comment: