Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Poppin the Blog cherry

Okay, so writing isn't as easy as I assumed. Well, writing a blog at any rate. I’ve been published; that’s not hard. Then again, poetry comes naturally on my father’s side, and that’s one of the two things I inherited from him. The other being eyes and hair that change color with the season, but that’s a different story. Why is a blog so hard? I mean, its not like I’m miss popularity and so many people are going to read it. Or even that one person that can say "This chick has talent" and sign me up with a contract. (If you're reading this and have those kind of connections, we should talk. Seriously.) Writing has always come naturally to me, I was writing before I could read. No, I don’t mean just childish scribble; I mean at 3 years old, I was copying my Winnie-the-pooh books onto tablets of paper. I was the only child in my pre-kindergarten that could read and write. Not bragging, just laying down the facts. Typing is a little different, because all it will take is a push of the delete button and *poof* all gone. Whereas with my paper and pen, I’m always afraid that somebody will come along and read what they shouldn't. Even if I tear that page out! I watch CSI; I know these things. You ever trace a quarter by rubbing a pencil over it lightly?? It’s the same thing basically. So as long as I keep my laptop closed, nobody will be running a pencil over it. Why doesn’t that sound right?

No comments:

Post a Comment