Friday, December 1, 2023

I hate my birthday

 What is it about having a birthday at the beginning of the month that means it's going to be a shitty birthday? When I was younger,  my birthday came before the check of the month,  so I guess as a baby I was shorted. Growing up I would get books,  books,  books! Also I knew what I was getting for Christmas... I would get a cd player for birthday,  cds for Christmas.  Vcr for birthday,  movies for Christmas.  So not to bad,  right? Help me understand what happened,  then...


About a week ago Shawn's newest mistake showed up from Arizona and she's going to stay for "the holidays" (Thanksgiving,  Christmas,  new years,  4th of July?? Don't ask my parents,  it's not like it's their house or anything. ) No real set time zone and how in the hell is this chick making money to support my brother, get a new apartment,  and take time off whatever job she's got? Claims to be doordash but that seems shay to me...

But I digress. Things got heated in the house and Lizzy's sister-in-law had a heart attack so they pushed everything into the car and left this Saturday after Thanksgiving. Which kind of put a damper on Sunday being as it was my birthday. 

Nobody was in the mood to celebrate, not that we celebrate anymore anyway, but I was hoping for some "happy birthdays"!. 

Truthfully, the important people remembered. Windsong and a bunch of people on Facebook wished me happy birthday. My pastor and Linda sent me a text, my Mom and Dad did text me and promise to make it up to me when things are better. Pretty sure that's what I got last year too hahaha. 

Usually Mike's family members because River's birthday is 2 days before mine but River went to Europe last month and so she got to celebrate early. I'm a little bit hurt to know that I was just a date on the calendar but I guess it is what it is. And, and keeping with his norm, not a damn thing from Mike except can you, will you come I need this, fuck. Suffice to say 44 can only get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment